News and Updates
Feb-18-2020

Wincompanion looks like it froze - will restart once we get back to the lofts this evening ~~!

Schedule wise worst case - if possible, we will try to pull in each race 1-2 days pending weather/overall condition.

200 - 2/23 (2-21 is calling for wind/clouds/rain)

250 - 3/1

300 - 3/8

363 - 3/15

Feb-17-2020

The day started wit 34 degrees, light SW cross winds - somewhere along the route - light hazy conditions with no clouds, zero wind and warming rapidly to 74 degrees. Congrats to the first bird ahead of the pack by 19 mins entered by Silvercreek Lofts Bill Weima (and bred by Andy Waclaw I believe) - my heart sunk thinking another smash Saturday, we seem to have hit every red light at every intersection in this journey... but we got to stay the course ~! We have been touting "no blow homes" to the point where the wind gods are not smiling on us - this 1800+ ypm course in November is VERY different in February. We get to calibrate our loft management system with our own birds in this weekend's first Federation race...

Once these birds learn to go down, it's hard to break that habit when they encounter a tough one. We should hopefully see a lot of them back tomorrow based on their conditioning. We will evaluate at end of day tomorrow whether we will train on Wednesday.

Working on finalizing the payout for 300, 350 and Average Speed now that basketing and 1st race is in the books - it's been a long night and day today ~!

Best regards

Nov-30--0001

The day started wit 34 degrees, light SW cross winds - somewhere along the route - light hazy conditions with no clouds, zero wind and warming rapidly to 74 degrees. Congrats to the first bird ahead of the pack by 19 mins entered by Silvercreek Lofts Bill Weima (and bred by Andy Waclaw I believe) - my heart sunk thinking another smash Saturday, we seem to have hit every red light at every intersection in this journey... but we got to stay the course ~! We have been touting "no blow homes" to the point where the wind gods are not smiling on us - this 1800+ ypm course in November is VERY different in February. We get to calibrate our loft management system with our own birds in this weekend's first Federation race...

Once these birds learn to go down, it's hard to break that habit when they encounter a tough one. We should hopefully see a lot of them back tomorrow based on their conditioning. We will evaluate at end of day tomorrow whether we will train on Wednesday.

Working on finalizing the payout for 300, 350 and Average Speed now that basketing and 1st race is in the books - it's been a long night and day today ~!

Best regards

Feb-15-2020

 

All entry fees have been accounted for (pending a few that need to clear) - we will post payout after basketing and official basketing list tomorrow.

Best of luck ~!

Feb-15-2020

Clock was not reset from last toss - had to run birds out and let them trap again - some are still outaide goofing off...

Feb-14-2020

Available for activation:

 -

Feb-12-2020

Birds loft flew today for 45 minutes... there were a couple that wanted to come down early...

One day at a time - we will take them for a short toss on Thursday.

There may be one or two more birds available for activation - again these are on a first-come first-paid basis ...

Best regards

 

Feb-11-2020

These birds are Available to activate - they are no duds - any bird flying this series so far is worth it ~~!

.... check back

 

 

Feb-10-2020

193 birds at the end of today - one bird has no electronic band and 5 birds in observation bay. These will be added back to the general population.

We will start a hand inventory to inspect each bird's condition and remove any hurt ones or those that may be unable to compete.

The forecasted rain is here and pouring at 6 pm (much later than predicted) but thankful that the great weather this morning allowed us to see some more birds home today. Tue and Wed 5-in-1 in water along with some carbo-loading to rebound the birds for a couple more tosses later this week. Tuesday is also rain forecast - 

 

Feb-09-2020

A rough Saturday - feeling very encouraged today after several birds made their way back in the steady breezy and variable headwinds today. Hopefully the smart ones sat down in the winds today and the incoming rain with favorable winds blow several more home tomorrow - the clock will stay on ~!

Vita King Return Combo and Carbo-loading supplements in the water for the tired returns - the majority of the birds don't look too beat up.  We will start with 5-in-1 and continue with the Carbo supplements. Monday and Tue are forecasted clouds and rain. We will loft fly as the weather allows and back on the road with a couple tosses.

It has not been an easy 2 days after we felt the birds were conditioned well with the last few trainings. 

« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next »