News and Updates
Feb-29-2020

After much deliberation, monitoring weather.com, accuweather and the Windy App and in consultation with other top local flyers -

ACD 250 - postponed due to very windy conditions along the course Sunday/Monday and Tuesday (rain).

We were trying to pull in the schedule a couple days but the wind gods are not cooperating for Sunday race.

Our last race ACD 200 was last Wednesday - and so birds will have a few more days for which we will train on Sunday and Monday.

- Best regards

Feb-29-2020

ACD 250 - Sun Mar 1.

Forecasted SW crosswinds and some breezy conditions - as such we will let the birds stay in today to build their reserves for tomorrow. We were previously short  tossing birds the day before race to keep them loosened up from the extremely cold nights. Monday and Tuesday expected rain/high winds - so Sunday is the best day.

Last night not that cold at 50 degreest and today is expected to test 80 degrees - so birds are resting up for tomorrow's race.

Stay tuned for basketing list this evening ~!

Feb-28-2020

Loft flying today - cloudy ~!

 

Sunday Mar 1 - ACD 250 - one forecast is calling for  partly cloudy with < 10 mph winds - we will proceed based on this forecast (although some other forecasts were previously calling for > 20 mph winds...)

Feb-27-2020

Birds are resting up today - bath - carboloading, return combo supplements, probiotics - 

Friday - short toss;

Saturday - loft fly or possibly short toss;

Tentative: Sunday (ACD 250) - Deming - keeping a close eye on wind forecast to see if we can have the race on Sunday. It's calling for gusting winds but will monitor as we get closer to the weekend....

Feb-26-2020

** Issue was incorrect race id when we setup the race last night... corrected and up and running again ~~!

 

 

Feb-25-2020

Short toss today to keep them loose as they have been locked down over the weekend. This downtime was medication and rest - hopefully beneficial ~!

ACD200 Basketing list published later tonight - stay tuned ~

Feb-23-2020

Same weather as last update with pouring rain overnight and early this morning - 

Sunday - windy, dark clouds as the day is progressing.

Monday, Tuesday - headwinds - will toss short.

Wednesday ACD 200 - Lordsburg

Sunday ACD 250 - Deming

Feb-21-2020

Weather update:

Saturday 2/22 - At the loft and on race course 100% chance of rain (all local races cancelled)

Sunday 2/23 -  Lordsburg (200 mile) - chance of rain and Winds 20-30 mph ESE.

... will evaluate as weekend progresses....

Feb-20-2020

PAYOUT

  300 mile     363 mile   Average Speed
               
1 1500   1 10000 1 4000  
2 1200   2 6000 2 3000  
3 1000   3 4000 3 2000  
4 900   4 3000 4 1000  
5 800   5 2000 5 500  
6 700   6 1000      
7 600   7 900      
8 500   8 800      
9 400   9 700      
10 300   10 600      
      11 500      
      12 500      
Feb-19-2020

Birds loft flew today for about 50 mins. At this point we have to look internally and not blame weather/temp swings/clouds/no winds... so we have started with Ropa B yesterday, treatment for secondary bacterial infections(respiratory), etc... Droppings are rock solid for the majority (which is always a good indicator), feed looks clean and no feed on perches, ... what else can we look for?

Tomorrow we go to 60 miles...

 

 

« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next »