News and Updates
Mar-10-2020

Early morning rains - we did get a window to loft fly birds under heavy clouds and no sunshine for about 45 mins.

The forecasted drenching rains are delayed to tonight - ACD300 is scheduled for Sunday - we need to get in 2 short tosses  before that along with loft flying...

Mar-09-2020

The rain is moving in tonight - rain from Tuesday, Wed, THur and Friday in the valley of the Sun -

Just when the birds were ready -will have to see the way to get in loft flying and at least one toss before the next race -

ACD 300 is now moved to Sunday Mar 15th - unless the weather clears up ~~!!

Mar-08-2020

Toss - Open Loft and Bath today...

We are monitoring the unpredictable weather - the best day seems to be Tuesday for the next race ACD300 from Las Cruces or we will have to wait until the weekend as rain forecast along different parts of the course from Wedneday, Thursday, Friday. 

150 - 2/17

200 - 2/23 -> 2/26

250 - 3/1 -> 3/5

300 - 3/8 -> 3/10

363 - 3/15 ???

Mar-05-2020

Early in the week it was looking like doom and gloom headwinds and tough for today's race - after the rains moved thru New Mexico.

Today the first birds made great time - thanks to some 10 mph tailwinds along some sections of the race course. A few birds overflew ...

With a release at 34 deg and ENE winds less than 5mph, and arrival at 65 degrees warming rapidly to 84 degrees - returns slowed down - we hope to see the rest of the birds trickle in this afternoon and tomorrow.

Schedule:

Friday - rest

Saturday - short toss

Sunday - short toss/open loft

.... evaluate weather for next ACD 300 ~!

Mar-02-2020

A little windy today but able to get a short toss in this morning. Winds to 25 mph this afternoon at the lofts. Rain/wind chances increasing along with cloud cover along course this afternoon and tomorrow at 70%.

We will get another short toss in Tuesday morning - rest Wednesday and let that moisture dry out  - all set for Thursday ACD 250.

Feb-29-2020

After much deliberation, monitoring weather.com, accuweather and the Windy App and in consultation with other top local flyers -

ACD 250 - postponed due to very windy conditions along the course Sunday/Monday and Tuesday (rain).

We were trying to pull in the schedule a couple days but the wind gods are not cooperating for Sunday race.

Our last race ACD 200 was last Wednesday - and so birds will have a few more days for which we will train on Sunday and Monday.

- Best regards

Feb-29-2020

ACD 250 - Sun Mar 1.

Forecasted SW crosswinds and some breezy conditions - as such we will let the birds stay in today to build their reserves for tomorrow. We were previously short  tossing birds the day before race to keep them loosened up from the extremely cold nights. Monday and Tuesday expected rain/high winds - so Sunday is the best day.

Last night not that cold at 50 degreest and today is expected to test 80 degrees - so birds are resting up for tomorrow's race.

Stay tuned for basketing list this evening ~!

Feb-28-2020

Loft flying today - cloudy ~!

 

Sunday Mar 1 - ACD 250 - one forecast is calling for  partly cloudy with < 10 mph winds - we will proceed based on this forecast (although some other forecasts were previously calling for > 20 mph winds...)

Feb-27-2020

Birds are resting up today - bath - carboloading, return combo supplements, probiotics - 

Friday - short toss;

Saturday - loft fly or possibly short toss;

Tentative: Sunday (ACD 250) - Deming - keeping a close eye on wind forecast to see if we can have the race on Sunday. It's calling for gusting winds but will monitor as we get closer to the weekend....

Feb-26-2020

** Issue was incorrect race id when we setup the race last night... corrected and up and running again ~~!

 

 

« Previous 1 2 3 4 [5]6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next »