News and Updates
May-24-2021
BIRDS LIBERATED! High Desert Breeders,

Birds went up at 7 am, with a brisk temperature of 35 degrees in clear skies with virtually no wind. Should be a nice day for a race. The first 20 through the trap win $100. Best of luck to all!

Kenny and Corey
May-21-2021
200 MILE UPDATE
Hello Breeders,

Change of plans. Lots of clouds and rain in the forecast over the weekend along the course. Planning on Monday for the 200 miler if the forecast holds. Hope you all enjoy your weekend.

Kenny and Corey
May-20-2021
200 MILE UPDATE Hello Breeders,

Saturday might be the day for the race. We will keep you posted. Will hand scan the birds tonight. 

Flying yearlings sometimes you just shake your head. Looks like a few have been lost on the couple tosses we took them on. It's like trying to understand and manage teenagers. Somedays they are spot on and others who knows where they are at. The nice weather and a big group of birds makes for some fun challenges. 

Thank you to all who have gotten in your entry fees. Lots more should be arriving by mail today and tomorrow. All entries we have received (have not gotten today's mail) have been entered into Wincompanion. 

Thanks. 

Kenny and Corey
May-18-2021
200 MILE UPDATE Good Afternoon,

Looks as though we will be pushing back the 200 mile race to the end of the week. We have some windy/stormy weather coming through the course over the next couple days. A few of the days are calling for 20+ mile an hour tail wind. Will keep you updated as the weather forecasts change. 
May-15-2021
ENTRY FEES DUE High Desert Breeders,

Congrats to all who had a bird on the first drop! Your birds did great at the 125-Mile Activation. Birds were broken up into groups of mostly 30-50 for the first half-hour. It's always nice to see things come together after a year of working with them.

Don't forget ENTRY FEES are now due, $150 per bird. Next year the entry fees will be $200. Send a check or use PayPal (highdesertyc@gmail.com). Don't forget to hit the friends and family option. 

The plan is to do a 40-mile toss and then the 200-mile race. Right now the 200-mile race might be as soon as Wednesday or as late as Friday. It all depends on how the weather shakes out. Will keep you posted. Any questions let us know. 

Kenny and Corey
May-13-2021
BIRDS LIBERATED Good Morning,

Birds went up at 7:00 am. They took off nicely with no circling. The two sides of the trailer combined and off they went. The morning should be nice and cool and they will have side winds through most of their flight. Great day for racing. Internet is back up at the loft. Best of luck to all!

Kenny and Corey
May-13-2021
125-MILE ACTIVATION IS A GO! High Desert Breeders,

Birds are loaded and ready to hit the road. And on cue, once everything was ready to go our internet provider took a dump on us. One of the downsides of the country. Currently no internet by this provider in the state of Idaho. No timeline of when it will be up. With that said hopefully it will be up sooner than later. So you might have to wait a little longer to see the results than normal. As the only thing that is inhibited is uploading the results from the computer to the internet. I will update once the birds are released. Best of luck to all!

Kenny and Corey King
May-11-2021
125-MILE ACTIVATION High Desert Breeders,

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed this past weekend with Mother's and their families. It is another beautiful day here at the loft. Birds will be resting today and tomorrow and the plan is to have the 125-Mile Activation race on Thursday, 5/13. If that changes we will let you know.

Birds did well from the 75-mile toss yesterday. For much of their journey yesterday they had a slight headwind. The group was flying above the main highway a few miles into the flight and I was able to follow them for several miles. They were going 45-50 mph just swerving back and forth. Always fun to watch the birds as you are driving.

When your team arrives back from the 125-mile activation, reminder that entry fees are $150 per bird. You can send a check or pay through PayPal; highdesertyc@gmail.com. Be sure to use friends and family. We are one of the last races that pay out the full entry fee. Most races are pulling anywhere from 10-15%. Please get your money in ASAP. We will be turning around and doing the 200-mile race in 6-8 days more than likely. Thanks and any questions let us know.

Side note; the 2022 birds have started arriving. We have plenty of loft space to accommodate the youngsters. 

Kenny and Corey
May-07-2021
ROAD TRAINING UPDATE High Desert Breeders,

Windy colder day at the loft compared to yesterday. Yesterday was mid 80's which has been the warmest day of the year for us so far. Yesterday's 75-mile toss, the first half of the birds made it home just fine but the second half overshot and flew past. The birds got cooking a little too fast. The birds that overshot came out of the North or the Northwest. Typically they come out of the South or Southwest. If they have the brains and the brawn they should keep trickling in. The later birds also had to face heat which they haven't seen yet and we had a late evening wind storm. We shall see what happens today with the late birds.

The last 40-mile toss, 5/4, there was a hawk that hit one of the groups once they got in the air. One bird had feathers fly but were able to get away but who knows if it made it home as it was in survival mode. The hawk scattered a few others in the group as well. To witness that from a release was a first for me.

The plan is to probably take tomorrow off as well because of higher winds. We will probably do another 40-mile toss or two and then do the 75 again. The second time from 75, the birds should do much better. From the 40-mile toss location to the 75-mile toss location the birds do have a lot of mountainous terrain to navigate. 

Quick clarification on the Entry Fee this year. 2021 it is $150 per bird and next year, 2022, it will be $200. 

Hope all is well and best of luck in all the young bird series you entered!

Kenny and Corey
May-03-2021
ROAD TRAINING UPDATE High Desert Breeders,

Beautiful day at the loft. Yesterday we had rain. Birds are looking great and coming home nicely from 40 miles. They did great again today. 

The plan is to have the 125-mile activation race next week. Somewhere between 5/11 - 5/15. Depends on which day is the best weather-wise. We will have several more 40-mile tosses and a couple of 75-mile tosses before then.

We start accepting birds this week for the 2022 series. When shipping us birds please include the Perch Form, which can be found on our website under Forms. Or just click the hyperlink.

Kenny and Corey
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]13 Next »