News and Updates
LOFT FLY UPDATE Hello Breeders,

Birds are out loft flying today. I am not forcing them up. As usual they like to hang out and bask in the sun the first few times out of the loft. I am going to let them enjoy the day at their leisure and throw feed down and whistle this evening. They seem to be enjoying being out and about. We are glad to finally have some good weather. 

SNOW AND WIND Breeders, 

I had planned to do loft fly uploads to wincompanion this weekend. We are having bad weather unfortunately. Snow with 25 to 35 mph winds. I’m not going to turn your birds out into that kind of weather. We will do what’s best for the birds and start up as soon as the weather gets better. Looking like next week at the point. Thanks!

UPDATE 4.4.2024 Hello All,

The birds are doing great. We did a clock test last night with a group of birds that you can see on wincompanion. Please keep in mind it does not include all birds in the loft as new arrivals haven't been trap trained yet or removed from quarantine. The main group that was clocked last night have been out loft flying several times and are settled to the loft. We will begin posting loft fly data starting this weekend for that same group of birds. The weather is finally much better here in the valley and we are grateful for that! Please reach out if you have any questions.

UPDATE 4.1.2024 Hello Breeders,

The birds have been doing well. The weather has been typical spring weather in Idaho with high winds and occasional snow. The birds have been separated into groups and the main group of around 75 birds or so have been trap trained. We will begin posting loft fly data this week for those birds and the rest will follow quickly in the next couple of weeks. The birds are being given probiotics, oregano oil and plenty of minerals. We would like to thank the following fanciers that have sent so far:

2nd Chance Loft
Alberts Family
Allen Family Racing
Black Mountain Loft
Bull Creek Racing
Christopher Loft
Cory Christensen
Crooked RiverChallenge
Dave Harrett
Devil Creek
El Barracuda Loft
Jp Golden Spike Loft
Mcculloh Loft
Power Rule
Robert Cavender
Rodolfo Cisneros
Rogelio Parra
Rory Smith
Ryan Hess
Sam Haslem
Solly Lofts
Tyrell Scott
Vazquez Lofts
Whiskey Hollow Loft
Zorros Loft
We'd like to thank the following for sending birds the past two weeks:
Craig Criddle-2nd Chance Loft
Preston Alberts
Dave Harrett
Rick Franks
Sam Haslem
Fred and Barb Daskoski
George Scott
Jon McCulloh
Rory Smith
Keep them coming! This will be a great season in 2024!
UPDATE 2.18.2024 The loft is open for bird intake! We'd like to thank the following that sent in birds this week:

Rory Smith
Dave Harrett
Rick Franks
Preston Alberts
George Scott
Sam Haslem

We'll be accepting birds through May 17th. Keep them coming and let's make this a great year! We appreciate your support!

FINAL RACE RECAP! Hello Breeders,

The final race of the season was a success and we want to congratulate all that were on the drop on the final! The birds had headwinds for the first 80 miles and then it turned to tail/side winds which is why the returns were faster than the 300 mile race which was headwinds the whole way. We enjoyed watching birds come in a with a few breeders that travelled from out of state to watch the final! Special congrats Preston Alberts with the 1st bird through the trap on the final and Rick Franks of Deko Lofts with the Average Speed Winner for the series! Congrats to the following:

Final Race Money Winners

Average Speed Winners
(These are some tough birds with average speed in the 1100 YPM range and overall fly time over 31 hours on the wing)

If you won more than $600 please get us your W9 as soon as possible! Additionally, let us know by the end of this week if you'd like your bird/birds shipped back to you and we'll begin shipping birds next Monday. You can email, text or give us a call. Just a reminder that this race was a 100% payout to the breeders AND you get your bird back if you want it back! We'd like to give the birds a week to rest before we ship them as they've put a lot of time on the wing the past two weeks. 



We will hold the final race of the series tomorrow near Delamar, NV. It will be about 338 miles. Skies will be clear at release and their will be a 5 to 7 mph headwind for the first 80 miles or so. They will have SSE winds the rest of the way between 5 to 8 mph. This should be a great final test for the birds. We have always preferred to race in some headwinds, although we can't always control the weather. We feel that head winds allow the birds to show their genetic potential unlike anything else and is the most accurate measure of a birds value. The birds that finish the series will have had two races of 8 hours or more on the wing while battling some headwinds, which is a lot to ask of young birds. 

As always, anyone is welcome to join us at the loft as the birds return from the race. If you plan to visit please let me know so I can plan accordingly for food/drinks. 

Payouts by position were posted earlier so please see our past message on that if you didn't see it beforehand.

Best of luck!!


We've had rain, dark storm clouds and heavy winds this morning. We had planned to go to our 50 mile training spot this morning but had to cancel. Forecast is calling for 20-30 mph winds. If we can we'll loft fly the birds this afternoon. Thanks for your patience and understanding. 

Hello Breeders,
Due to the solar eclipse this Saturday we are looking at holding the final race this Friday instead of Saturday! All are welcome to attend. On a side note, we have always had an open door policy for every race to anyone that would like to watch the birds come in. If ever you'd like to attend you are welcome to do so. 
Last weeks 300 mile race really tested the birds as they had headwinds the entire way. The birds that arrived on the day came out of the southeast. There was a 5 to 10 mph headwind in the valley that day. This means those birds flew 10 plus hours on the wing with headwinds. 10 hours on the wing for young birds is no joke! We might adjust the final release point Friday and pull back a few miles due to how difficult the 300 mile race was on the birds. We will see as the week progresses. 
Final Race    
  1st $3,600
  2nd $3,200
  3rd $2,800
  4th $2,400
Avg. Speed    
  1st $2,000
  2nd $1,500
  3rd $1,000
  4th $650
  5th $500
  6th $400

[1]2 3 4 Next »