Short update here:
Training starts 1 October 2019
There will be 3 and 4 tosses a week. The birds will be advanced slowly and repeating at each station.
We anticipate live clocking on the tosses - especially those over 50 miles.
We've been having some minor issues with the wiring/clocking but will have them resolved prior to the start of training.
Thank you to everyone for your support this year!
HELLO BREEDERS. SORRY ABOUT NO UPDATES RECENTLY. TRAINING WILL START 10/1/2019. WE WILL POST ALL TOSSES ON THE INTERNET. ALL BIRDS LOFT FLYING TWICE A DAY. HEALTH IS EXCELLENT. HAWKS AND FALCON POPULATION HAS DECREASED. HOPEFULLY THEY HAVE MOVED ON TO ANOTHER VALLEY. WE WON'T HAVE A LIVE CLOCKING UNTIL LATER ON THIS WEEK. REWIRING ANTENNAS. THANKS, MIKE C. and MIKE G.
In view of recent phone calls from breeders, the TBC Race will be moved back to Sunday December 1st - Shipping Saturday November 30th.
The race date is moving back a month so TBC can accept birds up to a later date of 15 July 2019.
So, if you wanted to send birds but got a late start breeding - TBC will be accepting birds up to 15 July 2019.
The vND (Virulent Newcastle Disease) quarantine DOES NOT affect the TBC race. Sonoma County is NOT in the quarantine zone. The quarantine zone is more than 400 miles away.
Because of the extended cold weather in many parts of the country -
TBC has extended the date to receive birds to June 15th.
Thanks for joing this years' race.
You can use PayPal for your payment but you MUST select "Family and Friends". Otherwise there is a percentage deducted by PayPal from your submission which makes your entry short of the required amount.
When using PayPal, please use Mike Garrett's e-mail: email@example.com
We are starting to receive birds.
If you want to participte in this race, please sign up now.
We only have 30 spots left.
Don't miss out - get in on the little race with the
10 January 2019
Top Breeder Challenge is now open for everyone - just login and sign up. We have contacted all breeders from last year who haven't signed up yet and we estimate we'll be at about 70% after that - so it looks like all the 2018 fliers are accounted for
we are opening the race up for new breeders at this time.
Pleae make sure you click on "Home" on the above menu and then click on "Top Breeder Challenge".
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ ALL - ALL - ALL - THE RULES.
Most of the rules remain the same - BUT - and this is the BIG BUT - some things have changed:
HERE WE GO
1. YOU CAN NOW SEND 1 BACKUP BIRD - NO PERCH FEE FOR THE BACKUP - ALONG WITH YOUR 2 ENTRIES
2. THE RACE IS BEING FLOWN FROM THE SOUTH COURSE TO TRY AND LIMIT THE HAWK/FALCON HITS - STILL A VERY CHALLENGING 350 MILES
3. THERE IS AN ACTIVATION RACE WHICH MEANS YOU MUST HAVE YOUR ENTRY FEES IN BY THAT TIME
4. THERE ARE NO PAYOUTS FOR THE 100, 150, 200, 200 TOSSES
5. BEST AVERAGE SPEED BIRD PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED BASED ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF BIRDS IN THE A AND B RACES. TO BE DETERMINED
6. There MAY be a BACKUP BIRD RACE if there are sufficient birds to warrant such and event. If so, they would be liberated with the B race birds.
6A. There MAY be a champion bird award - combining the results from the 100,150,200,200, 350 based on a REASONABLE point system (More of a "drop system" than simply position - at 100 miles you get 100 birds in a drop - we don't believe the 99th bird is 100 points less than the 1st bird when the 100 trapped in 60 seconds) - probably by drop. We will be talking to another OLR manager about how he runs his system. TO BE DETERMINED
7. BIRDS WILL BE ACCEPTED BETWEEN 1 FEBRUARY 2019 AND 15 APRIL 2019. REPLACEMENTS UNTIL 1 JUNE 2019
8. MIKE CAMBRA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DECIDE TO HOLD A BIRD BACK FROM THE RACE IF HE DETERMINES THAT BIRD IS NOT FIT. WE HAD THAT WITH A FEW BIRDS LAST YEAR - MOSTLY DUE TO HAWK INJURIES.
THAT'S IT - AGAIN - PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU READ ALL-ALL-ALL THE RULES. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT MIKE OR MIKE.
BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL FOR 2019.
WE'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO A FULL HOUSE THIS YEAR