News and Updates
Dec-01-2020
NO SHIPPING OR RACE DAY VISITORS DUE TO COVID

Visitors will not be allowed for shipping or on race day.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but these are the times we're in.

Nov-30-2020
RACE DATE SET - 19 DECEMBER 2020

 

The final Top Breeder Challenge Race will be Saturday, December 19, 2020 from Imlay Nevada - 300 Miles

Send your entry fee of $300 per bird to Mike Cambra or

 

Mike Garrett at PayPal:

garrett904@sbcglobal.net (send to friends and family)

 

If your bird is lost prior to shipping for the 300, your final entry fee will be refunded.

Nov-24-2020
POSSIBLE RACE IN DECEMBER - CHANGE OF FEES

23 November 2020

Birds will go to Colfax one more time and then to Boreal Ridge. There will be four tosses at approximately 150 miles from Boreal Ridge.

Weather permitting, the race will be held in December 2020

There will be on race only, with ENTRY FEE of $300.00 per BIRD. No A,B,C race – JUST ONE RACE

The changed format is due to the limited number of birds going to the race. Any breeder or breeders that have lost all their birds prior to or after the fourth Boreal Ridge toss with be given a free perch fee for next year.

Please send your entry fee of $300.00 to Mike Cambra via USPS or to Mike Garrett via PayPal.

ANY BREEDER THAT HAS PAID THEIR ENTRY FEE AND THEIR BIRD OR BIRDS THAT DONOT GO TO FINAL RACE WILL BE REFUNDED THEIR ENTRY FEE OF $300 PER BIRD

 
______________________________________________________________________________
 
Note For 2021 TBC Race
 
2021 format for Top Breeders Challenge has changed.
 
3 races. 150-220-350
 
PERCH FEE $400.00 FOR 5 BIRDS. $100  will be taken out of perch fee and go toward prizes in the 150 and 220 Races.
 
Entry fee for final race flown from Battle Mountain will be $300.00 per bird.  LIMITED to first 100 BREEDERS.
 
More info on the New Format for 2021 will come out in Detail before the first of the Year.
Nov-06-2020
STATUS ON TRAINING

We are training the birds daily. We will start up highway 80 (longer tosses) next week. If spring like weather continues and training continues with 3-4 tosses from Boreal Ridge (145 miles), then a race before January is POSSIBLE - we will keep you informed.

Oct-14-2020
TRAINING STATUS

The birds are now trained out to Mare Island (about 20 miles). The birds training distance will be increased slowly. Results will start being posted on Wincompanion starting next week.

Sep-15-2020
TBC RACE CANCELLED - YEARLING RACE PROPOSAL

14 September 2020

VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE

As the proprietor and loft manager of the Top Breeder Challenge, I have made the decision to cancel the 2020 race and propose a yearling race to be flown in the first/second week of May 2021.

While this may not be what some fanciers like, my primary responsibility is the care and training of your birds. As most of you probably know, we have had weeks of very heavy smoke due to the massive fires in the northern California area. On many days, you cannot even see the sun. Training or racing birds in this environment would result in significant losses and likely damage the bird’s lungs and air sacs. I cannot in good conscience, train or even loft fly the birds on a routine basis under the current conditions; which will likely continue for a few more weeks.

I would like to fly a yearling race in May 2021. I will continue with loft flying and training when the conditions improve. My intentions are to get the birds up to 100 miles before the winter rains set in. We would pick up road training again in March and be ready for the race in the first or second week of May 2021.

I would greatly appreciate your, the breeders, input concerning the proposed yearling race. Your feedback will determine whether or not we have a yearling race, so please let me know within the next seven days.

Please contact:

Mike Cambra at:  707.291.7217

OR

Mike Garrett at: garrett904@sbcglobal.net

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Sep-02-2020
TRAINING HAS STARTED

 

 

Training has started with first toss at 3 miles. Fires up north are 85% contained. Smoke has been bad with maybe 1/4 mile visibility.

Yesterday was a good quality air day. TBC will start posting results once the birds are out to 20-25 miles.

The smoke and air quality will determine if the birds are tossed or not

Aug-18-2020
TOP BREEDER CHALLENGE TRAINING

ALL

 

TRAINING WILL COMMENCE ON 01 SEPTEMBER 2020

May-29-2020
EXTENDED SHIPPING DATE 01 JULY 2020

28 May 2020

TBC is extending the shipping of birds to 1 July 2020 due to the lifting of the Newcastle Virus in the Southern California region effective 1 June 2020

May-26-2020
STATUS - REPLACEMENT BIRDS

ALL

 

25 May 2020

The birds are loft flying in a group and the health is great. There will be an inventory around 1 June 2020

Replacement birds, if needed, can be sent by 15 June 2020 

[1]2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next »