Congratulations to all the winners today on another tough race 1086 ypm 5 on the drop. The day was virtually the same as the concourse race flown here yesterday as far as conditions and speeds.The birds had rain pop up 100 to 50 miles from home, and about 60 miles wide. the winners came through it and their flights were damp when they got here. The ones that did not make it on the day I am assuming tried to go around it and if they went east they had to deal with it longer...purely a guess on my part as I watched it unfold on radar, on the computer from 430 to 7.If you do not want your bird(s) back I will fly them in our old bird series the rest of the season.The remaining races are 400 - 500 - 300 - 400 - 300 - 500.If you want you bird back I will ship them the 12th $60 for the first bird and $10 for each additional bird, there are some injured birds as well I will let you know if one is yours.If you want to have me deduct the shipping from winnings I can do that.If you are due a refund you will get that when I do all the payouts.I have had many inquiries as to when I was accepting birds this year. The answer is I am not doing a race series this year. After the year I have had I need a break.I want to move to a new location on acerage where I may under take the challenge again.I will be club flying and will be handling birds for our GSWC special band race. If you have an interest and wish me to handle those please contact me asap..Thank you againBud Williams281-924-5197
Toss for Friday cancelled .
Race for Sunday is on, will be released from Ada Ok. Home of the US OPEN one loft race, check it out!
The final race is scheduled for this Sunday, yes Easter Sunday.
After all this is the Texas Holiday Derby, Even though this was
not the original intended holiday.The rain should be ending tonight so the birds will go 60 miles
tomorrow and 40 Friday. Sunday is expected to be a real
challenge for the birds with 15mph head winds predicted the
entire course. It will take special birds to come home on the first
drops.Best of luck to everyone.Bud281-924-5197
I was not here as it took 9 hours in traffic all day to get home, accidents and construction slowed traffic to a stall.There was a malfunction with the clock, not exactly positive of the cause. The birds did their job, that was to fly
the distance as designed in preperation for the final. After much consideration, the decision has been made that
this race will be a scratch and WILL NOT be re-flown. There is nothing to gain by redoing this race, as if many were
lost on a "redo" that would not be good.So the series and average speed will now be based on four races.My goal will be to monitor the birds very closely and attempt to fly the 275 on Tuesday, this is a maybe.An inventory will be conducted tomorrow or Monday to verify an accurate count on the birds.I wish this was not the case, but it is and we must keep moving forward.The 2 money positions will be added to the
end of the final race payout.Bud281-924-5197
The weather is not conducive to fly tomorrow with head wind gusts along the course up to 39mph.The overcast expected to be much thicker than race 1 the 125.Will plan to ship Sunday night for a Monday race from 175 mi. Weather is expected to be SW @ 11mphwith light gusts uo 15, and clear the entire course.All activations are accounted forGood luck everyone.Bud281-924-5197
The birds exceeded my expectations on a very challenging day. Skies were overcast the
entire 125 miles with a 15 to 20 mph headwind (gusting higher). Tempetures were mild.Congratulations to the first drop of 12!As a team they did amazing; 75% return within 1 hour of the first drop, and 97% return. The late ones did not give up they kept coming. Hopefully they learned something.This race was a testiment to the quality of the birds and shows they are up for the
challenges yet to come.Thank you for your patience and allowing me the time to get them as prepared as possible.Now to the part I hate the most. Most activation funds have been received, the ones
showing as missing are in the "check is in the mail" category, and the post office is currently
failing misserably. All funds should be here by Saturday.If funds are received with a postmark after yesterday your bird will be sold to somone else
unless you have contacted me.The next race from 175 miles may end up very similar to yesterday's race. weather condition
wise. I am hoping for Saturday if I feel the birds are up for it. Depending on the weather it
may be Sunday or even Monday so stay tuned.Now for the moment I am sure everyone is interested in, The Payout...1st bird to clock on the 175 will get $3001st bird to clock on the 225 will get $4002nd bird to clock on the 225 will get $2001st bird to clock on the 275 will get $5002nd bird to clock on the 275 will get $3003rd bird to clock on the 275 will get $200The 325 will pay the first drop equally 1st $50002nd $35003rd $15004th $10005th $7506th $7507th $7508th $7509th $75010th $750Avg Speed1st $35002nd $12503rd $750Good luck next raceBud281-924-5197
If you have been watching the weather then you know we have had extreame challenges for our region as winter comes to a close and spring begins to appear.
Pardon the long silence, but I am tired of sounding like I am whining all the time about weather and life.
Birds are in good health and are being trained when possible
It looks as though we might actually get a break and be able to get the birds on some sort of schedule.
Right now the plan is to go 60 miles today and 100 activation by the weekend.
The first race if possible, 125, will hopefully go off next week.
The birds went 47 yesterday. We have had them out every descent day.
Ifyou have not sent your activation fees yet please do so now, there will not be much time between the 100 activation and the 125 first race.
There are several people want to activate your birds, so if i do not hear from you, your bird will be sold to someone else.
I will keep you posted
No training today 20+ mph SW wind gusting to 30