Birds released just outside of Winnemucca, NV. 0730 release,
After watching the weather closely the last few days, we feel good about having the final race this Saturday, October 23. It will be cloudy with up to 7mph head winds along the course. Most of the course has only 10-20% chance of showers.
We will start basketing birds at 2pm. If you are coming to handle your birds, please let us know and be on time, as we won't hold birds until you arrive. You can only handle your own birds.
On Saturday, the gates open at 11am and lunch will be served at noon. Birds should be in after 2pm.
Thank you all for your continued support and good luck!
Race #2 175 miles went really well. We had 28 birds on the
drop with a good working speed of 1370 ypm and 84% of the birds with in 1 hour.
We are only out a few birds.
The last couple days here we have had high winds NNW 20-30mph
with 40mph gusts. Tomorrow should be calmed down and we will train 40 miles and
toss 55 miles on Thursday. We will be shipping Friday afternoon for a Saturday
Race #3 225 miles from Lovelock, Nevada.
The 2021 Actual payout is posted on the website and in the
As of now we are planning on still holding the final race on
Saturday, October 23. All festivities will be held outdoors and we ask that all
attendees practice the proper covid safety procedures. If you have birds in the
race and plan to attend, please RSVP to Mabel, call or text 650-834-1868.
The daily weather is cooler and the birds are flying well
and looking good. The air as of now is cleared of smoke, our combine is done
for the season so there are less birds in the air. Our last two races will be Saturday as not to conflict with the Mid Valley Combine.
Good luck to all!
In this video, see a Cooper's Hawk swoop down on the flock as they are being released at Friday's training toss #5