Good morning everyone,
As I am sure you noticed, the losses have been higher than before, we have no explanation for this, the birds look and handle great and after a morning toss they have open loft in the afternoon and will fly another hour to 2 hours. It seems we dropped 20-30 each of the last few tosses and what was strange too was almost no 2nd day birds. Combine racing in the area has been rough as well. As I’m sure everyone keeps an eye on the Hoosier you would have noticed they had 2 very difficult tosses as well, this from 12 & 30 miles, it doesn’t make a lot of sense.
Today we are having the activation race, the weather looks great, mainly sunny with very light variable wind, turning to moderate East (side headwind) half way home. We will email entry forms to entrants today. Some of you have already send in their entry fees, thank you. All birds on your team must be activated, no cherry picking. Remember if birds are lost before the 1st race, entry fees are fully refunded.
Check our FaceBook page for the release video, we video each and every race release and surrounding area to proof the birds are being raced from the stated release place, proving distance flown.
Best of luck to everyone !!!
Training is going well and the birds are feeling great, most of the time they don't trap right away and keep flying. We still release in groups so birds are coming home at different times. Unfortunately yesterday something (hawk or falcon) hit 1 of the groups at release and birds came in scattered and there are still a number missing, hopefully we will see most of those make their way back today. We will train again today as well and maybe the groups today will "pick up" some on their way home.
Best of luck & have a great weekend.
We are now in full swing with the training and will be training every feasible day. The birds are looking great and on day we can’t train due to weather they loft fly and are out for 4-6 hours and there are large groups in the air almost the whole time they are out. All these shorter tosses are group releases so do not worry where your bird clocks at this time, there are also some birds that stay outside hours after they come home.
Unfortunately the inventory was not accurate due to a power supply failure to 1 of the antennas and a number of birds were missed.
We are hoping to have the activation race around the 18th - 20th of Aug. and entry fees need to be paid that week, you can send it in now to be sure it gets here on time and should your bird not be available for the races, that money is refunded 100%. You can also use the convenient online payment feature.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
Thank and best of luck to everyone !!
We hand scanned all birds yesterday and put them in the trailer, they were in the trailer overnight and released this morning. There are a few missing on the clcoking list as there should be just over 450 birds. We will run it again tomorrow, clock them going out and back in to make sure there aren't any missed and have an accurate start.
Birds handled very good with some finishing up their moult yet and this should all be done in the next week or so. Training up the road will now start as soon as weather allows but that could take a couple of days as it is still very hot and humid with heat index of over 40C or 105F and T-storms forecast all day for Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday after which the temps are suppose to be more reasonable.
Best of luck to everyone, the fun is about to start.
Unfortunately I had a set back that greatly affected my mobility, it's been hard to get around and get things done the last 3 weeks, things are getting better and we are ready to get things rolling.
The birds are looking great and getting better each day as they finish their moult. They are locked out for 4 to 6 hours a day and flagged the first 1 to 1 1/2 hours, for the rest of the time they are up and down in various sized groups. We will do a e-band check while doing a hand inventory as we are loading the birds into the trailer. The weather has been far warmer than normal and far from ideal conditions to start the training, it is suppose to get better starting tomorrow but even the forecast still has plenty of days at 30C+ (86F+) with heat index of 35C+ (95F+).
The fun is about to start, there are plenty of fantastic looking pigeons here so it should be a great series.
Best of luck to all participants.
Today we start putting updates here.
It's been a while since we last did an update, it has been extremely busy and at this stage there has not been much to report. The birds are out pretty much every day for 4-5 hours and are starting to fly well. They are still on the dark and are in varying stages of the moult but in the next few weeks we will start ramping up the loft flying before they are put on the trailer.