News and Updates
Dec-02-2019
2019 RACE

All 2019 entrants,

The 2019 race has been cancelled. Plans are to fly the 2019 entries in a yearling race in 2020. Going forward the race will become a yearling one loft race. More details and specifics will be coming by the new year.

 

Rich Fox 

Jun-03-2019
2019 RACE ENTRIES

 

Thanks to  Ed Miinvielle (Seigels), George Rankin (APC) and Rick Nanez for entering birds in our race again this year.

 

We have extended our entry deadline to June 22, 2019. 

Nov-28-2018
2018 FINAL UPDATE

All Breeders, 

Since the 2018 season was a disaster for the Blue Mountain OLR we have decided to give free perch fees based on your last year's paid perch fees.  The free perch fees will be allocated based on your 2018 entries as follows:

1 to 6 receive one free perch fee

7 to 12 receive 2 free perch fees

over 13 receive 4 free perch fees

 

Please check the breeders list and your loft should already reflect your free enry or entries.

 

If anyone has any questions please give me a call.  570-621-8923.

 

Rich 

Oct-28-2018
250 MILE RACE

 

We will be shipping the 250 mile race on Tuesday October 30, 2018. Weather is looking fvorable with sunny skies and a southwest wind at  5 TO 10 mph. 

Oct-21-2018
UPDATE - 200 MILE RACE

Due to unfavorable weather the 200 race has be rescheduled to tomorrow. Weather forecast is looking much better and hopefully will allow for a better race.

 

Good luck everyone!

 

Rich

Oct-15-2018
200 MILE RACE

 

Weather permitting we will fly our 200 mile race on Sunday, October 21. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate.

 

Good luck to all!

Oct-06-2018
ACTIVATION FEE

 

Acivation fees are now due.

We were hoping to get more birds back this morning but the weather is not cooperating as we still have foggy, misty conditiona at 1:30pm.

 

Rich

 

Sep-25-2018
TRAINING UPDATE

 

The weather continues to make training a challenge. It seems to rain 5 days a week. The birds have been loft flying the last two days and if the rain stops for awhile today they will be out again. Forecast is for rain again tomorrow. Hopefully the end of the week will provide some better weather and we can get the birds back on the road again. 

 

Rich

Sep-10-2018
TRAINING UPDATE

The weather has been horrible of late. Training will resume as soon as the weather improves. Looking at the forecast, that does not appear to be happening this week. 

All the combines in the area cancelled this past weekend and now there is a hurricane approaching for end of this week. Hopefully we will soon see a change in this weather pattern that has been adversely impacting our area for months.

If we can get a little break in the rain we will try to at least loft fly the birds.

 

Rich

 

Aug-13-2018
UPDATE

Been trying to loft fly the birds everyday; however, the weather is not cooperating. We have been getting rain 5 out of 7 days over the last several weeks. Our area has been making national news with flash flooding hitting local towns two and three times in the last two weeks. Hopefully we will soon return to a more normal weather pattern and we can loft fly the birds every day and then get on with training.

Rich

 

[1]2 3 4 5 Next »