Please read previous update to keep you up to speed concerning our race this year. It appears the quarantine for counties: Los Angeles, San Bernardino, and Riverside will be in effect at least thru middle of May. So once again we will be going to Yuma to pick up birds as they are mailed in. Further info concerning address, (PO Box#) will be determmined in the next few weeks. We will be accepting birds starting March 1. Any further questions contact Steve Miner, 619-933-8188 or John 619-586-3412.
The Triple Crown for 2020 will be a dual operation with John Steinbrenner and Steve Miner. Steve will do all coordinating and financial and John and Steve wil be working together with the birds. We are aware we didn't take in nearly as many birds as we would have liked however the race went off with no problems. We did have a couple tough training tosses however the races went well. You can ask anybody that attended the Triple Crown this year and they can attest tthings were handled well.
As you know the Triple Crown has a rich history under the leadership of Ron and we are hoping the breeders can see things are back on track and support the race in 2020. The Triple Crown is an integral part of the "Best Week of Pigeon Racing in the Country". We have 5 different races for the week that makes up our fantastic week.
This years Iron Eagle Race is tomorrow, 12/14/19 from 360 mi. The prize fund is $3,150 winner take all, paid by the drop. The clocking inventory from this morning is the shipping list. KFL 48 did not go to race so there is a total of 10 birds competing. Any questions contact Steve Miner, John Steinbrenner. Steve 619-933-8188 John 619-586-3412.
Right now we have 8 birds going to the Iron Eagle Race this Saturday. If anyone wants to enter their bird this is last chance, entry now is $400/bird. Right now we have $2,890 in the prize fund. Winner takes all by the drop. Birds will be released with @700 pigeons from the 4 other races. Any questions contact Steve or John.
This year we had 5 birds that came in the first drop on all 3 races! A new record. Congrats to Armando De La O&Flores Crazy Al and Carlton Kroese, CL and Patti Gage, Milestone Loft (Lernel Sarno) and Barry Venn. Barry Venn won the Breeder's Cup with 12 pts. The Iron Eagle will be Saturday Dec. 14. Thanks to all that supported the Triple Crown this year. WE WILL BE WORKING REAL HARD TO MAKE THE TRIPLE CROWN NEW AND IMPROVED FOR NEXT YEAR. THANKS, STEVE & JOHN
The 300 mile leg of this years Triple Crown will be tomorrow, Thursday 12/5. The weather looks good, 50% cloud cover for most of the race, no real strong winds. North-northeast winds 4-5 mph. Release is scheduled for 6:30. Good Luck to all!
The 200 mile race had been canceled for tomorrow, Nov. 27, due to inclimate weather. Rain and high winds are predicted for tomorrow and rain for Thursday and tailing off on Friday. Therefore we are planning on shippng the 200 mi. race on Friday night after the shipping for the SD Holiday Classic and the race will be Saturday. The folks that have birds in our 200 will be able to watch birds come in and then go over to SD Clubhouse for lunch and see the SD Holiday Classic as well.
We always have 3 days rest between the 200 and 300 mi. race therefore the 300 mi. race will be scheduled for Wednesday, Dec.4.Obviously this is not an ideal schedule however we will always have the best interest of the birds first and foremost. Good Luck to all. Any questions, Steve Miner, 619-933-8188.
Entry forms have been mailed out and we have changed the entry fees for the 3 races from $300-$200-$200 to $200 for 100 mi. race and $100 for both the 200 and 300 mile races. We are changing this due to the low number of birds and we felt the original fees were too high for the small prizes that will be awarded this year because of the low number of birds. The over-all prizes will come from $100/bird from perch fees plus 1/2 of the entry fees of the 3 individual races. The other 1/2 will be distributed to the winners of those 3 individual races.
We would like to thank all the breeders that put birds in our race this year and hopefully we will have many more breeders next year. We have worked hard to show we are puttting on a first class one loft race.
Steve Miner & John Steinbrenner
John decided to wait til tomorrow to train birds 45 miles. Training has been going well and hopefully will continue to be good. The weather has been very good, however it's supposed to get a little hot later this week. As long as we get birds out early it shouldn't be a problem for training.