1. Must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
2. Perch fee of $125.00 per bird for first 5 birds. Birds 6 thru 10 at $100.00 each. Perch fees must be sent with birds, MAXIMUM ENTRY OF 10 BIRDS FOR ANY LOFT OR PARTNERSHIP..
3. Perch fees are non refundable. Advance payment of these perch fees will guarantee your reservations.
4. Entry fee is $300.00 per bird, of this amount $25.00 goes to average speed, and $25.00 to the Super Bird race and is due immediately after the 125 mile activation race. If your bird is lost prior to the 300 mile race your ENTRY fee in the amount of $250.00 will be refunded. If you plan to attend the race, you may pay the entry fee with CASH at the Marriott Hotel basketing the night before the race.
5. Electronic payments using PAYPAL are available.
6. All races will be flown on a tough easterly course thru the mountains and down into the California and Arizona Desert. This is the same course as the San Diego Holiday Classic, Triple Crown Classic and The California Classic.
7. The 300 mile race is the main event and will be flown on Thanksgiving Day.
8. The final 350 mile Super bird race will be flown 2 weeks after the 300. Birds will be released with the other 3 OLR’S. You must fly the 300 mile race to be eligible for the Super bird. You can nominate your bird/birds after the 300 mile race for $125.00 per bird. <9>9. Average speed will be based on WINCOMPANION results from the 150, 200, and 300 mile races.
10. SPECIAL COLORED BIRD RACE-All birds that ARE NOT BB, BBSPL, BC, BCSPL, DC, DCSPL will be considered colored. Dehesa Valley Classic will make the final determination if a bird is to be considered “Colored”. You can nominate your bird an additional entry fee of $100.00 which will be due after the 125 mile activation race. Prizes for this race will be paid out 4 places. 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%.
11. Capital prizes on the 300 mile main event will be paid on the first drop and then clocking order. Prizes will be paid out to 10% of birds going to the race. Ties will be given the same clocking # with winnings added together and split equally
12. Dehesa Valley Classic will deduct 10% of all entries to cover expenses.
13. The loft is designed to hold 850 birds comfortably with good ventilation and expanded steel floors. Entries will close if that 850 bird mark is reached.
14. I will begin accepting birds MID FEBRUARY to MID JUNE with replacements until end of June.
15. All birds Vaccinated for PMV, treated for Canker and internal/external parasites upon arrival. Once all birds have arrived they will be poxed. The 9th and 10th flights will be cut and pulled.
16. No Dehesa Valley birds will be entered.
17. All birds belong to the breeder, no buy backs or auctions.
18. W9 required from those breeders winning $600.00 or more.
19. Birds must be retrieved within 14days of the final race or become the property of the Dehesa Valley Classic race. $60.00 shipping per box for first 2 birds, $10.00 for each additional bird.
20. Ship birds to:
Dehesa Valley Classic
6108 Dehesa Rd
El Cajon, California 92019
619 994 1065
21. For best results, ship birds on Monday/Tuesday.