BIRDS by Check In
News and Updates
RACE 5 UPDATE 300 MILES
The weather is not favorable to race this week with 2 major fronts working through Kansas and Oklahoma. The weather is either looking bad in Kansas or here in Oklahoma with the first front coming through today and backing up tomorrow. Ice, snow and freezing rain predicted along the coarse and here at one end or the other along with high winds. I did manage to give the birds a 40 mile toss this weekend and hopefully get another one in if I can catch a day good enough to do so. I will update as soon as I can go. Thank you
RACE 4 UPDATE
Sky was clear and 17 degrees at release with ESE winds 6-8 and the winds increased along the way to east at 8-10 with a little south in them but really more variable. the last 125 Miles was a ENE Tail Wind the rest of the way home. The birds came mostly from the deep West and Southwest so the winds pushed them west of the line of flight. Birds are still coming and I think we will get most of them home but the winds got to close to 20 mph on their rear tail at the end. The wind has really been shifting around a lot and the first pigeons did a good job of holding the line but still missed a little. Congrats to the winners today and we look to go back training and to the 5th race in about 7 days.
RACE 4 250 MILES UPDATE
We will be racing Monday for the 4th race and it should be a tough one if the wind prediction holds true. Nothing to extreme for the birds but a good tough working race. The birds may have the dreaded East winds at the beginning but the forecast is calling for winds to be ESE ( headwind) mostly through out the day getting as high as 15 mph towards mid day. this is about the same all the way from mid Kansas to the loft in Oklahoma but mostly clear skies. The rest of the week following tomorrow's race the winds get crazy! The birds had two tosses again between last race and this one. There are some repeat pigeons that continue to be in the top so now we are out to find the winner of a very tough series! Good Luck to all )
Payout for the 250 is below paid by trapping order
1st = 800.00
2nd = 600.00
3rd = 400.00
4th -10th = 300 each
RACE 4 UPDATE
Good day Breeders
The birds were trained today into a headwind. Shortly after they arrived the cold front with strong tail winds hit. This front was in Kansas last night and it was a very slow moving front. early today Kansas was overcast with 30 plus mph Northeast Winds (Tail Winds) but the front did not reach us until late this after noon as we had strong Southerly Winds here most of the day and clear sky with 65 degree temps. Talked with a pigeon flyer in Kansas and he agreed it would not be a good day with the birds having to cross the front in south Kansas. They kept changing the forecast as always!!!!. Right now Monday and Tuesday look ok but we will see if that holds up. They had two tosses since the last race and I don't at this point see that another toss is needed. These pigeons have had plenty of tosses. They will maybe have a light headwind or more on the next race again so now they rest up a couple days. Keep checking here on Wincompanion updates .
Thank you and best of luck. I will have the payouts posted here before we go to the next race.
ROUT66RACE 200 MILE UPDATE
A tough Race today. At the release it was mostly clear with a few high clouds, 19 degrees with a Southeast head wind at 7 mph with gust of 10mph. The winds increased a little on the way home but once in Oklahoma the winds were switching around as they often do after a cold front rolls through. They were East North East on arrival and quickly turned around to SE Headwinds at 7-10 and then as of now they are straight South at about the same. The first 9 pigeons came in from the west SW direction and although they made the speeds I figured they would do the rest of the birds have been coming mostly from the East and in small groups to singles and doubles and scattered about. They had not been down as they had flown hard and were just off coarse. I'm sure we will get more birds but the winds will get even tougher from this point forward and tomorrow. Hope to get as many as we can. the clock is on and running and remain running. Congratulations to the winners today and to all the pigeons. This is flat land and there is no escaping the winds so many of the birds let it push them or over adjusted. They will have to work at it now even more so.
200 MILE RACE UPDATE
Good Luck to all. Should be a good working race tomorrow with weather report calling for Light southerly head winds at release and a bit stronger as the morning progresses with head winds from 8-10 with a few stronger up to 15 mph in Oklahoma. This is if they turn out to be accurate! Regardless it could be a tougher race where the birds have to work .
This is the start of the payout races and the payout for this 200 Mile Race is to the top 5 pigeons in trapping order. Any ties will be added together and divided by the number of birds tied. I think they will be broke up enough with the head winds that ties should not be an issue. They were given a 70 toss and a 80 Mile toss between last race and this one . two good tosses with no problems. Both were tailwind days and that is why I went further with them than the normal 40-50 miles. Best of Luck to all of you!!!
By Trapping Order
1st = 700.00
2nd = 400.00
3rd = 300.00
4th = 200.00
5th = 200.00
200 MILE RACE UPDATE
The winds are gusting north up to 30 mph at the moment. 2 of the 3 stations say they will not subside till midday or later tomorrow. I will train tomorrow afternoon if the winds subside. The Forecast is calling for light winds and sun for Friday so we will try and go Friday. We flew the 150 just last weds so Friday is great. I got a 70 mile toss on the birds yesterday and will hopefully get a good toss tomorrow if the winds subside in time. Much better working race ahead.
RACE 3 UPDATE CONTINUED
Forgot to mention that we will post a payout for Race 3 which is our first money race. It will pay 5 places. The birds listed with a green dot are the birds who entered into the sprint average speed prior to the first race. the payout for the sprint is 1,250.00 it pays 50-30-20 to 1st, 2nd , 3rd.
1st champion sprint average speed after the 1st 3 races = 625.00
2nd place = 375.00
3rd place = 250.00
RACE 3 UPDATE
The birds flew Race 2 on the 24th . They were given a 70 mile toss yesterday and did well although some over flew a little. As of now it looks like we will go tomorrow but I will take a look at the weather tonight to finalize. Please check this update to confirm after 11:00 pm news and weather tonight.
UPDATE ON RACE 2
TODAY THE WINDS WERE 40 MPH ! YESTERDAY THEY WERE CLOSE TO 30 MPH. WE DID GET TWO GOOD HEAD WIND TOSSES ON THE BIRDS THOUGH. A 50 AND A 40 MILE TRAINING TOSS. I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GIVE ANOTHER 50 AT LEAST BUT THE WINDS WERE JUST TO STRONG. OUR PLAN IS TO HAVE THE SECOND RACE ON WEDS WITH LIGHT HEADWINDS AND CLEAR SKY. WE WILL POST A BASKET LIST PRIOR TO THE RACE. THURSDAY IS OK IF THE FORECAST IS CHANGED WITH ONLY 15 MPH HEAD WINDS. THEN WE ARE LOOKING AT THE 3RD RACE FOR THE FOLLOWING MONDAY. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL